The Full Story
From Magic Labs to Mangroves.
Bhim!Unbuks to Human Books
Traditional knowledge to 21st century skills
See what the kadl team is up to!
Katha was started in 1988 to enhance the joys of reading and the love of books. Inter alia, our vision includes (breaking stereotypes ...get from MoA)
KADL WHO WE ARE | WHAT WE DO
KATHA THE FIRST STORY
WHO WE ARE | WHAT WE DO
KATHA GOVERNING BOARD
VOLUNTARY LEADERSHIP TEAM
WHO WE ARE
katha adivasi & dalit learning labs
KADL.ORG is the signature website for the Katha Adivasi and Dalit Learning Labs. It started many years ago, before Katha, in 1977, when our Founder was living in the Nilgiris District of Tamil Nadu, the land of the Toda, Kota, Irular, Kurumba and Badaga.
1. In the early 2000s, we started the Katha Lisu Tribal Schools, in association with another nonprofit and the Church of Arunachal Pradesh. Its presence continues though Katha had to discontinue our Katha-Lisu Schools. See here.
2. The Katha Academic Centres in the Northeast under the aegis of the Northeast Writers Forum, was a win-win situation. And the partnership produced some of the best books that Katha has published for adults and for children in translation from all the major languages, from Asomiya to Tenyidie. we see this as a very proud moment for Katha.
3. In 2004, Katha hosted the Katha North East Writers (NEW) Utsav. Pl see a brief report here
4. In 2008, we instituted the Literary Award for Adivasi Literature. The first Katha Award for Literary Fiction to an Adivasi Group, went to the Kunkna Dangi Storytellers. Their story was translated for the first time ever into Gujarati and then into English. See here for more
5. And our association continues ...
KATHA ADIVASI & DALIT LEARNING LABS, 2020
KADL, in its new avatar, started in 2020, in the wake of the Covid-19 Pandemic, in Tamil Nadu, with research, and humanitarian work in the Kanchipuram, Chingelput, and Tiruvallur Districts of Tamil Nadu.
This website gives details of our work till now.
Bhim!Unbuk Way of Teaching Children the Way they Want to Learn.
KADL action research and its wing, the Child Poverty Action Research Lab, supports our work on the ground.
This is a Paragraph. Click on "Edit Text" or double click on the text box to start editing the content and make sure to add any relevant details or information that you want to share with your visitors.